Boston Fish Pier
The Boston Fish Pier, which opened in 1914, is owned and operated by the Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport). Celebrating its 100th anniversary, the pier is both a waterfront landmark and an important supporter of maritime jobs in the Port of Boston. Overall, the South Boston seafood industry supports more than 3,300 jobs. When combined with other maritime activities (cargo, cruise), the Port of Boston supports over 50,000 jobs.
- The Fish Pier is home to numerous seafood processing tenants in 120,000 square feet of first and second floor space.
- Berth space with shore-to-ship electrical power is provided for Boston-based and visiting commercial fishing vessels.
- The third floor of the East and West Buildings includes 60,000 square feet of office space.
- The No Name Restaurant opened in 1917 and remains a Boston institution with free on-site parking.
- Trio Café is open for breakfast and lunch – .
- Massport’s Maritime Department offices are located at Entrance East 2.
- Liberty Wharf, the area’s premier dining and entertainment spot, is located next door.
The historic Fish Pier is located on the South Boston Waterfront at 212 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA 02210. Also known as the Seaport Innovation District, the South Boston Waterfront embraces the past, present and future of Boston’s long and diverse maritime legacy and is rapidly becoming one of the most vibrant and attractive areas of the city. Downtown Boston and the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC) are just blocks away and with easy access to the interstate highway system (I-90/I-93), Logan International Airport, the MBTA Silver Line service, and the South Boston Truck Bypass Road, the Fish Pier is in the heart of it all.
Public parking is available on the Fish Pier in automated surface lots managed by SP+ Parking. Reserved transient parking can be purchased online here. For questions related to parking at the Fish Pier call 617-946-4440.
Massport has seafood processing and office space currently available for lease at the Fish Pier. For leasing information please contact Stella Hourd-Benamaisia at 617-478-6925 or via email email@example.com.
The Exchange Conference Center, located at the end of the pier in the historic fish exchange building, is a topnotch conference and meeting space offering panoramic views of Boston Harbor. The facility is managed by East Meets West Catering. Contact Michele Stump for booking information at 617/790-1900 ext. 211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year, the Boston Seafood Festival was held July 27th at the Fish Pier in honor of its 100th anniversary.