Required Documentation for Cruising

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) requires all citizens of the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Bermuda to have a passport or other accepted document that establishes the bearer’s identity and nationality to enter or depart the United States from within the Western Hemisphere.

Bermuda and Canada/New England Cruises from Flynn Cruiseport Boston:
For round-trip sailings (cruises that depart from and return to the same U.S. port), U.S. citizens may sail with either a valid passport, or proof of citizenship and a valid government-issued photo I.D. (driver’s license with a photo), or any other WHTI compliant document.

Proof of Citizenship examples include:

  • State certified U.S. birth certificate
  • Original certificate of U.S. naturalization
  • Original certificate of U.S. citizenship

We highly recommend that all guests carry a passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the completion date of your travel. A passport will enable you to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port in the event you miss your scheduled embarkation or to fly back to the U.S. if you need to disembark the ship mid-cruise due to an emergency.

For further information about required travel documentation please contact your individual cruise line: