SIDA Identification Badge Process
The ID badge process entails several steps: the application completion and submission, a fingerprint scan with a Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) performed by the Massachusetts State Police, Security (SIDA) Training, and ID badge issuance. The mandatory security training will explain the Hanscom SIDA Badge program and should answer any questions you may have.
Please perform the following:
Step 1: Application Package Completion
- Complete the enclosed two page application (type or print legibly). Email applications are not accepted.
- Have your Security Badge Coordinator fill in Section 1 of the application. If you are unsure of whom your badge coordinator is, contact Massport.
- Attach to the application photocopies of two forms of valid identification. All applicants must show proof of citizenship. See attached guidance to determine applicable identification.
- Names on badge applications must match the names presented on the required documents and must be the full legal name of the applicant. Names on all submitted documents must match exactly.
Step 2: Application Package Submission
- Submit completed application, with ID copies, to the Massport Security Badge Office.
- Submit a check or credit card (Visa/MC) payment for $81.00, payable to the Massachusetts Port Authority, for each applicant.
Application fees are non-refundable and are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Members of the Authority.
Step 3: Fingerprint Submission
- After submitting the application, wait at least one full week from the submittal day, then visit the State Police office on the first floor of the Civil Air Terminal for fingerprinting. The State Police office hours are Wednesday from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM, and Thursday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM, excluding holidays.
- Additional fingerprinting hours on alternating Wednesday evenings, 5:00 PM – 8:00PM, excluding holidays. Please contact the badge office or your badge coordinator for a list of evening fingerprint dates.
- Applicants must present the same two forms of valid identification to the State Police officer at the time of fingerprinting*.
Step 4: Schedule and Complete Training
- After completing the State Police fingerprinting, wait at least one full week and contact the Massport Security Badge Office at 781-869-8020 to confirm the background check approvals, and to schedule interactive computer based SIDA training.
- A reservation for training is required. Your background check and TSA Security Threat Assessment must be approved by the State Police prior to training.
- Applicants must present the same two forms of valid identification to the Security Badge Office administrator at the time of badge issuance*.
- Hours for training are Wednesday and Thursday 0800-1500, excluding holidays. The badge office is located on the third floor of the Civil Air Terminal, Room 306.
Step 5: Badge Issuance
- After your training is complete, your ID will be issued, and valid for 2 years unless otherwise pre-empted by contract expiration, VISA/Passport expiration, or annual Movement Area Driver Training restriction.
It is imperative that you complete this application process in a timely fashion. Applications older than 60 days will be void and you will be required to resubmit another application and fee.
If you have any questions on the SIDA Badge process, please contact our office at 781-869-8020.