Since Massport operates as a business, we offer a comprehensive benefits package in order to compete with private industry to attract and retain the best talent.
Massport benefits include:
- Excellent medical and dental insurance coverage beginning the first day of the month following 60 days of employment
- Vision Care Plan - employee-funded; coverage depends on job status and union affiliation
- Flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care
- Medical insurance opt-out program
- Life insurance – coverage varies
- Long-term disability insurance – employees pay between 25 – 100% of premium depending on job status and union affiliation.
- Charitable contributions matching program
- Retirement pension plan operated by the Massport Employees’ Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation 457(b) SMART Plan
- Paid time off including holidays, personal days, sick and vacation time
- Vacation buyback program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Transportation assistance program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health and wellness incentive program
Benefits may vary depending on job position and union affiliation. Please consult your recruiter for specific details pertaining to a position on our job opportunities page.
Applicants with Prior M.G.L. ch. 32 Creditable Service
Pursuant to M.G.L. ch. 32, prior years of M.G.L. ch. 32 creditable service will transfer to the Massachusetts Port Authority for future pension calculation purposes.
Other Post Employee Retirement Benefits
Prior years of creditable service will also be counted, along with your years of creditable service at Massport, in determining a retiree health care benefit subsidy. The benefit will be based on the following scale, as voted by the Massport Board (effective October 1, 2009) for In-Service Retirements for Employees upon reaching age 60 and thereafter:
<10 YOS 0% subsidy
10-14 YOS 45% subsidy
15-19 YOS 55% subsidy
20-24 YOS 65% subsidy
25-29 YOS 75% subsidy
30+ YOS 85% subsidy
Employees hired after October 1, 2009, are not eligible for Basic Dental insurance or reimbursement for Medicare Part B as a component of their retiree health care benefit. Massport offers retirees hired on or after October 1, 2009, a $5,000 basic life insurance policy through the GIC, the premiums for which are paid for by the retiree.
Employees who terminate from the Authority and subsequently file a retirement application reflecting a proposed retirement date which is later than 60 days from their date of separation will be eligible, starting at age 60, for a premium subsidy equal to one-half of the In-Service retirement subsidy.
Thank you for considering career opportunities at Massport.