Massport is committed to operate all of its facilities in an environmentally sound and responsible manner.
Massport will strive to minimize the impact of its operations on the environment through the
continuous improvement of its environmental performance and the implementation of pollution
prevention measures, both to the extent feasible and practicable in a manner that is consistent
with Massport’s overall mission and goals.
To successfully implement this policy Massport will develop and maintain management systems that will:
- Ensure that the environmental management policy is available to staff, tenants, customers and the general public.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Ensure that environmental considerations are included in business, financial, operational, and
programmatic decisions, including feasible and practicable options for potentially exceeding
compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Define and apply sustainable design principles in the planning, design, operation and
decommissioning of its facilities.
- Define and establish environmental objectives, targets and best management practices and
- Provide training to and communication with staff and affected tenants regarding
environmental goals, objectives and targets and their respective roles and responsibilities in
- Incorporate monitoring of Massport and Massport tenants’ environmental activities.
- Include the preparation of an annual environmental performance report which will be made
available to staff, tenants, customers and the general public.
If you have questions about this policy, please contact us.